Showing Skills with Short Programs on a Job Interview
by Curtis Krauskopf
Each of these programming problems should be conducted at a workstation.
After thinking about the question for a reasonable timeframe, you should be
able to answer the question, "How long will it take you to write this
program?". Then prove yourself correct by writing and debugging program
within the timeframe you've allotted for yourself.
- An array that is instantiated with the new operator should also be deleted
using the delete operator. Write a program that proves that the destructors
for an array are not called when the array was instantiated with new  and
the array was deleted with delete (without the delete syntax).
- Write a String class that compares its strings by ignoring the case of the
- A comma-delimited file has two columns: timeA and
timeB. Both columns are times in the following format:
hh is from 1 to 12.
mm is from 1 to 60.
[a|p] is either an 'a' or 'p'.
5:57 pm,10:37 am
Write a program that reads the comma-delimited
text file. For each line in the text file, report
the time that is earlier. Assume all times are in
the same time zone and that all times are for the
- Sort a linked list using recursion.
- Sort a linked list without using recursion.
- Reverse a single-linked list without using recursion.